Prom: Yellow or Gold Dress
1. Classic - This look uses one of my favorite techniques to contour the eye; adding a deep color to the inner and outer crease while highlighting the center of the lid. A deep red, coral, or natural pink lip could go well with this look. Tip: Perfect for those who aren’t comfortable with a full-on smokey eye!
2. Cool - Gold on the lid with a blue through the crease and as a liner. The coolness of this look will contrast beautifully with the warmth in your yellow or gold dress. A softer lip would look best with this colored eye. Tip: Blues look lovely on warm eye colors!
3. Sultry - Just the opposite of the previous look, we have a warm brown look meant to elongate the eye and lift it upwards. The same technique is used as 1. to contour the eye. Starting with light browns and layering on darker browns will help this look blend flawlessly together. I would pair this look with a deep red, coral, or natural pink lip. Tip: A white gold used as a highlight on warmer skin tones will make you glow! Beautiful on cooler eye colors!
Prom: Red Dress
1. Classic - You can’t go wrong with this classic look! I used all matte colors: flesh tone on the lid, light brown in the transition zone, dark brown/black in the crease, and a sharp winged liner. Light on the inner lid and smokey on the outer lid; a perfect balance. This will look glamorous with a bold red lip. Tip: Apply tape before beginning to create a crisp line, making the illusion of a more lifted eye!
2. Smokey - Use the same steps as 1 for this smokey look, with the addition of a shimmery gold on the lid, and a dark liner blended out on the lower waterline. Don’t be afraid to add more depth to the crease and lashlines. Not a fan of gold? Swap the gold for a silver instead! Rock a red lip, sheer red gloss, or nude lip with this look. Tip: Try lashes that are longer towards the ends for an elongated, sexy look.
3. Romantic - This cool toned look has a light grey blended through the crease, focusing mainly on the outer corner, and a pale pink on the lid. Wispy lashes make this look extra elegant and girly! A soft pink lip would look be a dainty match for this look! Tip: Apply a shimmery light shadow to the tear duct area and just beneath the lower lashline to highlight your peepers!