tacosandmoshingwithmexicans asked: Hi so I have prom next weekend and I have no idea how to do my make up. I have a black and white super classy dress and I have brown eyes and tan skin. I'm also wearing my hai down and curled. I just really need help on what to do with my make up.
I’d run with the classy theme and do some old Hollywood makeup; matte neutrals on the eye, falsies, and a bright red lip. Sleek, classic, and sexy!
1. Apply a strip of tape on the lower lashline slanting up. Just above the crease, blend an orange brown following the contour of the eye. Soften the line with a highlight just below the brow.
2. Use a precision blending brush to apply a dark green in the crease and outer corner of the eye. Use a soft hand to lightly blend into the orange brown.
3. With a flat brush, pat a medium green on the center of the lid, blending it into the surrounding dark green. Also, take this color down to the lower lashline.
4. Apply a lime green to the remaining inner corner of the lid. Once again, carefully blend into the surrounding colors.
5. Darken the outer corner using a black. Apply to the outer lashline and up into the outer crease. Blend!
6. Line the lower waterline with a bright blue pencil liner. Set with a blue eyeshadow for maximum staying power.
7. Curl lashes, apply mascara and falsies if you choose!
Ultimate Face Palette in Sandalwood, Good Morning Sunshine, Texas Blues, Patina Green, and Howdy Stranger
Protest Loose Pigment Urban Decay
Serious by theBalm
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On in Deviant
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Ardell False Lashes
I had a friend who I didn’t see very often, but every now and then, she’d send me the most beautiful photos of makeup for inspiration. “Thought you might appreciate this, Emily!”, followed by a stunning work of art. While I loved all of the photos, I loved even more the sporadic notifications I’d get just letting me know they were there. A sweet gesture; a reminder that “hey, I’m thinking about you!” A reminder that those little reminders are important and need to be brought to light more often.
Thursday, I learned that she was killed early that morning. Such a sinking feeling. I can’t wrap my head around it.
Be sure the people you love know it.
haylollie asked: do you buy your lashes in bulk? where do you get them?
No, but I really should! I always just pick a pair or two up whenever I stop at Rite Aid, Kroger, CVS, any drugstore.